Spaceheater Editions announces a new 2020 title: DELIRIUM

Spaceheater Editions announces a new 2020 title: DELIRIUM
Two-page spread from DELIRIUM

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Ucross Foundation Residency

On August 20th I returned from a two-week residency at Ucross Foundation in Clearmont, Wyoming, way up North near the Montana border.



I got a great deal done during my time there. I finished a new book called Incident at Deseret, and wrote a long first draft of an essay on the cross-pollination of artists' books and photobookworks –and the problems with communication between these two worlds. I also worked on a video that will become part of a two-channel piece on the swifts (birds similar to swallows) of Umbrian Italy, specifically to the town of Orvieto. The videos are part of an installation that incorporates an artists' book, also on the swallows, using them as a metaphor for trans-border migration. The swifts migrate between Europe and Central Africa.

This was my studio area at the Ucross Foundation:

I had a great trip back too, driving through a good part of the Canyonlands of Colorado and Utah, and the Four Corners area of Northern Arizona.